Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hey there this is my first post so i like to say hello to everyone.

ok heres my problem. i found a 98 impreza RS for my girlfriend with low mileage.dealer told us it had been in an accident worth $3200, not a big deal.

then the day before we were going back to get the car he tells us its been in 4 accidents coming to a total of $13000 with the highest claim at $6000.

i dont know what to do about this now my girlfriend absolutly loves the car but im scared it has a bent frame or something, dont want to buy it then find out it floats all over the road at high speeds.

any comments or suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

What? Why didn't he tell you all that initially? Seems suspect to me. WALK AWAY!

Accident damage is not necessarily something to worry about. If the work has been done right, there's no risk. HOWEVER, in this case I would not buy the car.

hey there this is my first post so i like to say hello to everyone.

ok heres my problem. i found a 98 impreza RS for my girlfriend with low mileage.dealer told us it had been in an accident worth $3200, not a big deal.

then the day before we were going back to get the car he tells us its been in 4 accidents coming to a total of $13000 with the highest claim at $6000.

i dont know what to do about this now my girlfriend absolutly loves the car but im scared it has a bent frame or something, dont want to buy it then find out it floats all over the road at high speeds.

any comments or suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

the dealer should know how many accidents it's been in. the fact that he lied to you isn't cool. i wouldn't buy from him, who knows what else is wrong with it...

but like the other guy said, an accident isn't a huge deal unless it wasn't fixed properly. of course, if you havent' taken it for a test drive, you'll have no idea how it drives. if you know more about cars than your girlfriend, you should both take it for a ride (her to see if she likes the way it drives and you to see if there's anything noticably wrong). and don't let the dealer scare you into a quick trip around the block. take it out for a while see what it can do (like on a highway or a faster road or something).

but i definitely wouldn't trust that dealer... unless he just got the car in when you first went to look at it and did more research on it afterwards... i wouldn't buy from him no matter how nice the car was.