Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Every time I read about somebody else's problem I get it later myself. I came out yesterday and my clock was dead.

I remember several folks discussing this and they solved by it by adding a resistor. I had power and ground to the clock so I figured this might be the problem.

After dissasembling the clock I found what looked like a resistor that is flat and rectangular in the upper right by the face with a cold solder joint that was passing no voltage. The number on the component is 510. I think on some folks clocks this may have fallen right off. I resoldered both ends and it is working now.

Do be careful of the little buttons that set the clock as if you pick the front up wrong while dissasembled they seperate into six little pieces that fall out. Don't ask me how I know.

• 7 months later...

Apparently you've been driving off-road too much thus causing vibration and subsequent resistor breakage. You know Subaru says that the Forester is not an offroad vehicle :)

I fixed my clock too. Now I hope I don't get a head gasket failure any time soon.

Talking about falling pieces, anybody's rear-fender plastic guard fall off their Forester? I bought new Dupont double-sided tape but after trying to take off the old tape I'm wondering if this part is "optional". I didn't want to silicone the tar out of it either.

Every time I read about somebody else's problem I get it later myself. I came out yesterday and my clock was dead.

I remember several folks discussing this and they solved by it by adding a resistor. I had power and ground to the clock so I figured this might be the problem.

After dissasembling the clock I found what looked like a resistor that is flat and rectangular in the upper right by the face with a cold solder joint that was passing no voltage. The number on the component is 510. I think on some folks clocks this may have fallen right off. I resoldered both ends and it is working now.

Do be careful of the little buttons that set the clock as if you pick the front up wrong while dissasembled they seperate into six little pieces that fall out. Don't ask me how I know.