Ultimate Subaru Message Board

For some reason, I haven't been able to post a response to my inquiry concerning a power steering fluid leak a few days ago. So, a new thread may do it.

Thanks for the input. I discovered the leak was from the seal at the rear of the pump, not a hose. Using my wife's turkey baster (she only used it once per year, so what the heck?) I sucked out as much of the old fluid from the reservoir as possible, then refilled it with stop leak/conditioner. It worked. No leak yet. We'll see if it screws something up. I wonder how long it will last...

I used to have a device that looked just like a turkey baster but was from a science supply place. It was made of Pyrex glass with a black rubber squeeze thingy. Not quite as big as a turkey baster. The bulb was supposed to be chemical resistant. It was great for brake fluid and the like.

It was stolen quite a few years back from an apartment storage along with some other tools and I never bothered to buy another one. :-(