Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Hissing from AC compressor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_calebz_*

Guest_calebz_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2003 - 07:42 PM

today, the AC stopped blowing cold. when I shut the car off and looked under the hood, I could hear a hiss coming from the compressor. I listened around all the fittings and heard nothing. can only hear it at the front of the compressor around the pulley.. compressor taking a crap?.. anyone got a spare?

also, r134a conversion was recently done. does that involve mods to the compressor, or can I just replace it with a plain old r12 compressor?

does anyone know the OEM part number for the compressor.. I believe its the Panasonic one.

#2 Guest_x silvershad0w x_*

Guest_x silvershad0w x_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2003 - 10:10 PM

Wow, A/C is coming up a lot lately. I know when they do a proper r134a conversion they have to change some seals, because old ones will leak or whatnot. There is a seal in the front of the compressor they may have changed (or forgot to), at this point I would contact the place that did the conversion, and see what they say. The guy around here that does mine fixes a problem for free if he converted it (for me anyways) and also recharges them every year free of charge! Worth looking into, plus they will know exactly what was done during your specific conversion.

#3 Guest_calebz_*

Guest_calebz_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2003 - 08:35 AM

Thanks john,

But the place that did it is in washington, and I'm in TX nowprobably not worth it to take it back for repairs.. its been a couple of months since the repairs, and everything was ok until yesterday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users