Ultimate Subaru Message Board

From Irvine Subaru:

We've put together a page with information on the B11s with tons of pictures and a survey at the bottom. We will be sending all of the survey's to SOA. Please help us help SOA help you by sending your opinions in. Also, if you have any comments about other Subaru products, please feel free to comment on those as well.

http://www.irvinesubaru.com/newcust/b11s_opinion.htm

Here's what it says to me:

Alfa Romeo Nose

Porshe Headlights

Nissan 350Z taillights

But, the wheels are a nice design, and the driver's seat appears to be in the middle of the profile of the car! Very nice balance. It would also be nice if it offered a MANUAL transmission with it. I know that the manual tranny is "dying" in the auto industry, but it seems necessary to pull a sports car together. As a friend once said, "With an automatic, you're just steering. With a manual, you're driving!"

ScoobySchmitty

I REALLY want that car! However, my needs are for the 7-seater SUV (any day now!!). Currently, dragging the wife and 2 young kids with me to pick up "grandma" from the airport is nearly impossible!

As for the design vision of B11S, I like the new direction Subaru is going because, although I am ultimately devoted to Subaru, I always thought the cars were very unimaginitive in styling. For example, I like the "rugged" concept of Outback (being a third time owner of one and all), but H2 and Landrover do the "rugged and tough" thing so much better (at least visually!). Hopefully the B11S IS the new Impreza design (as has been rumored) since I currently find the current compact sedan look to be a bit generic, boring, and wimpy-looking (I know wimpy is not the actual case with that car)...