Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

console panel red lights in the 05's

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Zephyr

Zephyr

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Kansas City, Kansas USA

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:23 PM

What a shock that was! All my test drives were during the day so I had no idea what color the console was. First time driving at night was a bit of a shock!!

What does everyone else seem to think of the red?

I kind of like it, but it may be just because I love the car so much. In another few years after the newness wears off, I'm not so sure how much I will like it.

However I really like the white lights of the instrument panel. Looks very sharp and clean. I wish the white lighting extended throughout the console as well.

By the way, are the instrument panel lights always on? Or does it light up when the car is in the dark? The lighted console panel combined with the daytime running lights always confuse me into thinking I have my headlights on when I actually do not. The only way I notice it sometimes is when I fumble for the red glow of the radio and it is not lit up. Then reversely, I will sometimes leave the lights in the on position when I turn off the car at night. Then in the day I don't realize they are on for quite a while until I happen to notice the small little indicator illuminated in the instrument panel.

Is it just me? Or are other people experiencing these things?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users