Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Our race car sponsor recently bought a 2003 Legacy L with 29k on the odo. Of course it is used. It has an issue in the rear (we think the caliper is sticking or possibly a bad axle) but know the rotors are slightly out of round. Having never had a used subie with factory warranty we're trying to figure out what to do. What is covered with a second owner factory warranty? Just trying to save him the most money. I'm assuming the rotors won't be under and he should pull them and have them machined himself but the other stuff should be right? Thanks for the expertise on this!!!

The warantee is 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. It looks to me like the car is still under warantee. Take it to a dealer.

Regardless of how many people own it? I know that wear items aren't covered that entire time and am assuming the rotors would fall into that catagory.

Regardless of how many people own it? I know that wear items aren't covered that entire time and am assuming the rotors would fall into that catagory.

yes, the factory warranty still holds. but because the issue is the brakes, it's possible it won't be covered. was this an issue when he purchased it? if so, he should take it back to that dealer and tell them to fix it under warranty.

The original Subau factory warrantee is for 36 months/36,000 miles, whichever comes first. You will need to know the original "in-service" date to check the time portion. Any Subaru dealer can tell you what the in-service date is. Of course the odometer is the mileage check. Brakes are a wear item and will not be covered. The axel will be. Additionally, you have a 5 year/60,000 mile warrantee on the powertrain. The same parameters apply. Good luck!iflyifr

The original Subau factory warrantee is for 36 months/36,000 miles, whichever comes first. You will need to know the original "in-service" date to check the time portion. Any Subaru dealer can tell you what the in-service date is. Of course the odometer is the mileage check. Brakes are a wear item and will not be covered. The axel will be. Additionally, you have a 5 year/60,000 mile warrantee on the powertrain. The same parameters apply. Good luck!iflyifr

Even the calipers???? As for returning to the dealer. The car came directly from MAA so the dealer just basically signed the paperwork to buy it.