Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Subaru warranty questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 benebob

benebob

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 736 posts
  • Lancaster, PA

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:22 AM

Our race car sponsor recently bought a 2003 Legacy L with 29k on the odo. Of course it is used. It has an issue in the rear (we think the caliper is sticking or possibly a bad axle) but know the rotors are slightly out of round. Having never had a used subie with factory warranty we're trying to figure out what to do. What is covered with a second owner factory warranty? Just trying to save him the most money. I'm assuming the rotors won't be under and he should pull them and have them machined himself but the other stuff should be right? Thanks for the expertise on this!!!

#2 swc7916

swc7916

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Kirkland

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:28 AM

The warantee is 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. It looks to me like the car is still under warantee. Take it to a dealer.

#3 benebob

benebob

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 736 posts
  • Lancaster, PA

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:39 AM

The warantee is 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. It looks to me like the car is still under warantee. Take it to a dealer.

Regardless of how many people own it? I know that wear items aren't covered that entire time and am assuming the rotors would fall into that catagory.

#4 rizzo

rizzo

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Providence

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:27 AM

Regardless of how many people own it? I know that wear items aren't covered that entire time and am assuming the rotors would fall into that catagory.

yes, the factory warranty still holds. but because the issue is the brakes, it's possible it won't be covered. was this an issue when he purchased it? if so, he should take it back to that dealer and tell them to fix it under warranty.

#5 iflyifr

iflyifr

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • South Jersey

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:34 AM

The original Subau factory warrantee is for 36 months/36,000 miles, whichever comes first. You will need to know the original "in-service" date to check the time portion. Any Subaru dealer can tell you what the in-service date is. Of course the odometer is the mileage check. Brakes are a wear item and will not be covered. The axel will be. Additionally, you have a 5 year/60,000 mile warrantee on the powertrain. The same parameters apply. Good luck!iflyifr

#6 benebob

benebob

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 736 posts
  • Lancaster, PA

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:04 PM

The original Subau factory warrantee is for 36 months/36,000 miles, whichever comes first. You will need to know the original "in-service" date to check the time portion. Any Subaru dealer can tell you what the in-service date is. Of course the odometer is the mileage check. Brakes are a wear item and will not be covered. The axel will be. Additionally, you have a 5 year/60,000 mile warrantee on the powertrain. The same parameters apply. Good luck!iflyifr

Even the calipers???? As for returning to the dealer. The car came directly from MAA so the dealer just basically signed the paperwork to buy it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users