Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ignition switch blues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fuki

fuki

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Kirkland, WA

Posted 07 October 2003 - 07:58 AM

Has anybody had any problems with the iginition key not turning? I have a 98 Legacy GT and can put the ignition key in and just cannot get the key to turn. I have tried to turn the wheel a little left and right and still cannot get the key to turn? Suppose it's a broken ignition switch?
Thanks

#2 Setright

Setright

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,176 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:14 AM

Or something is stuck inside the lock cylinder. Any sign of a break-in? Maybe someone jammed a screwdriver in it to see it it would start?

#3 fuki

fuki

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Kirkland, WA

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:28 AM

Excellent thought, never thought about a break in attempt. The car was sitting in front of the house unlocked. I was just 20 feet away inside the house and we live in a pretty good neighborhood also. I think I will have to have the car towed and the ignition switch replaced and have the dealership check for something stuck in the switch.
Thanks,
Craig

#4 LEGACYTWINTURBO

LEGACYTWINTURBO

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • UNITED KINGDOM

Posted 07 October 2003 - 11:53 AM

I am in the UK and have a Legacy twin turbo i imported from Japan five years ago, had the same problem and at the start just wiggled the key and shook the wheel back and forwards, finally had to take the rollers out of the lock barrel and now there is no problem.....of course if you can get into the car you can start it
with a screwdriver but what the hell.
i also have an imobilser which has a crystal on the key fob and ignition will not start without it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users