Ultimate Subaru Message Board

LOL!! I get the weird electrical stuff I guess .. up-date learning experiance

If I wasn't seeing this myself I might have a hard time believeing it was a problem for someone else. I have a '85 Brat with blade type fuses, and I was checking things out since some of my add-ons (hella lights, Isolation solinoid for 2nd battery, fog lights ) stopped working suddenly last night.

I discovered the main problem to be a loose battery connection. Now I have a 10amp fuse for the charging system that has power to it, but as soon as I put in a fuse, checking the back of the fuse indicates NO power. Here is where is gets weird ... I put in a blown 20amp blade fuse in the same slot, and I have power to that one side that is hot, every other fuse I put in there does NOT have power to the hot side of the leg .. I have tryed crimping the contacts to make sure it's a tight connection, and I can feel the fuse go in tight, but once the fuse is in, it's conciderably loose compared to the other fuses. I'm not sure what to try next, any suggestions welcome :)

that was my clue, all I had to do was start the engine and it has power now just fine ... also the $10 starter solenoid I had for the "on" switch for the hellas poped after maybe 20 min of use last night :rolleyes: guess it's back to napa for a MAN's starter solenoid :drunk: