Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

LOL!! I get the weird electrical stuff I guess .. up-date learning experiance

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 FlyB0y

FlyB0y

Apprentice to Subie Gurus

• Members
  • 855 posts
  • Marooned in Oregon City

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:37 AM

If I wasn't seeing this myself I might have a hard time believeing it was a problem for someone else. I have a '85 Brat with blade type fuses, and I was checking things out since some of my add-ons (hella lights, Isolation solinoid for 2nd battery, fog lights ) stopped working suddenly last night.

I discovered the main problem to be a loose battery connection. Now I have a 10amp fuse for the charging system that has power to it, but as soon as I put in a fuse, checking the back of the fuse indicates NO power. Here is where is gets weird ... I put in a blown 20amp blade fuse in the same slot, and I have power to that one side that is hot, every other fuse I put in there does NOT have power to the hot side of the leg .. I have tryed crimping the contacts to make sure it's a tight connection, and I can feel the fuse go in tight, but once the fuse is in, it's conciderably loose compared to the other fuses. I'm not sure what to try next, any suggestions welcome :)

that was my clue, all I had to do was start the engine and it has power now just fine ... also the $10 starter solenoid I had for the "on" switch for the hellas poped after maybe 20 min of use last night :rolleyes: guess it's back to napa for a MAN's starter solenoid :drunk:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users