Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Clutch judder...cable tired??

Okay, so since I replaced my clutch at 125k miles I have been experiencing the dreaded j-u-d-d-d-d-er! However, I also seem to get it even when everything is warmed up, though to a lesser degree.

My car will not crawl along using the clutch only, the throttle needs to be co-ordinated VERY carefully to avoid the vibes.

SO, does anyone think it might help to replace my clutch cable? It ain't broken, but maybe I should fix it and see? Bear in mind that here in over-priced Denmark the cable costs about $80 !!

As far as I know it's the original cable and the odo is almost at 186k miles. The pedal is quite heavy, and presumably this is due to resistance in the cable assembly. I replaced the "initial pedal effort reduction spring" not long along, because the old one cracked.

Any thoughts?

Oh, by the way, despite showing the dealer the clutch TSB, I have had no succes in getting a warranty fix on that. Dealer insists that my clutch is a different part ...