Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1999 Outback- New speakers?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 sunking247

sunking247

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • denver

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:20 PM

I currently own a 1999 Outback, with 90,000 miles, in really great shape. The issue is that the 6.5 inch speakers on the driver's side of the car have blown, both in the front door and in the back door. I was contemplating having new speakers installed. The speakers on the passenger side of the car still work fine, so was thinking about having the new 6.5 inch speakers installed in the rear doors and moving the original passenger side speakers to the front doors. The logic is that the older speakers will act as more of a set of "tweeters" with less bass running to them (less chance of blowing) while the new set in the rear doors will handle the majority of the bass (as they are newer and less likely to blow). Think of it as having the audio slightly moved toward the rear. Or should I just get 4 new speakers for both the front and back set?

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,643 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:55 PM

I will pose this question to you. When you go to a concert, do you face the music or do you turn and face the other way? You face the music. So why would you want to have the music behind you in your car?

Rear speakers for all intents and purposes on pro type systems are nothing but rear fill. They are capped so the frequency range they reproduce is not too high or too low (band pass). That's how I've got mine setup.

If you just want to stay with the stock deck, no amps, and other stuff, I would recommend you get new speakers to replace all four speakers. Also, if you want more bass, get a dedicated subwoofer.

#3 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,643 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:14 PM

Please only post once on related questions/issues.

Going to close these threads since you have another thread with similar questions. Please continue any conversation there.
http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=54237

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users