Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Fender and hood interchangibility???? (EA81 bodies)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Flowmastered87GL_*

Guest_Flowmastered87GL_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2003 - 03:37 PM

I am looking to get a new drivers front fender and hood for my 82 BRAT. Color does not matter at all, but I know that grille and headlight designs differed year to year. So will the body parts off of ANY wagon, brat, hatch, etc fit on my BRAT? (I figure they should, but want to ask before blowing $50 on parts)

#2 Guest_Dennis_*

Guest_Dennis_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2003 - 03:45 PM

same Q for me...

i have an 88 hatch im going to be working on really soon, trying to source everything now...

#3 Guest_McBrat_*

Guest_McBrat_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2003 - 03:55 PM

hoods for all "ea81" bodies will interchange just fine.

fenders will also, but with a few issues.

80-82 had the telescoping antennas on the drivers side, and 83+ had a stick antenna on the passenger side.

so you could end up with 2 antennas, or none :)

also, the 80-81 fenders had a bit more of a inner lip where the headlight bezels fit, so if you are fitting an older fender onto a quad headlight set-up front end, you will have to trim a little of the lip, but it's hidden anyway....

#4 Guest_Flowmastered87GL_*

Guest_Flowmastered87GL_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2003 - 05:05 PM

It appears from my pictures that I have a drivers side antenna. So if I do get a new fender (its not really THAT bad) I will have to make sure to find one with an antenna hole I guess. The hood is the major thing though, it has rust holes in the front of it.

Hmmm looking at the pics... I cant even see the dent, so either the pics I have are old, or I was seeing things when I thought I saw a dent on the fender :lol:

#5 Guest_Syrinx_*

Guest_Syrinx_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2003 - 07:47 AM

The fender should be fine mike. Like Mick said, our 82 had the driver side ant. unless you want to go stock you can always add an after market ant. somewhere. No big deal.
Kurt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users