Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sparkplug replacement

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pillowsplat

Pillowsplat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Maryland

Posted 01 November 2003 - 05:33 PM

2003 OB Wagon 30,000 miles
Its time for new plugs and filter.
I was looking at the plug access and they look pretty good except the one Driver side towards the rear of the car. I have pretty big paws and it looked tough to get to. Should I remove the window washer tank or is there another trick?

Thanks for the help
John

#2 loudsuby

loudsuby

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Philadelphia

Posted 01 November 2003 - 06:51 PM

If it is a 2.2, it should be the same as my wagon. The way I did it was with a "knuckled" extention on the socket wrench, I forget the exact name.

#3 WAWalker

WAWalker

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 829 posts
  • Montana

Posted 01 November 2003 - 07:41 PM

Yes, remove the washer bottle.

#4 AussieIan

AussieIan

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Sunshine Coast/Australia

Posted 02 November 2003 - 03:48 AM

And use NGK Iridium spark plugs they last a long while, better than 60,000 miles and you get better ignition because of the very thin electrode. :-)

#5 Pillowsplat

Pillowsplat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Maryland

Posted 02 November 2003 - 01:08 PM

Thanks! WW bottle two screws, two cable hooks, pull out of way. Other side 1 screw remove airbox. Regular plugs work fine.

#6 DerFahrer

DerFahrer

Formerly subyluvr2212

• Members
  • 2,411 posts
  • Orlando, FL

Posted 02 November 2003 - 02:08 PM

Ian is half-right. NGK V-power coppers are the final word in Subarus. There is no better plug, period. It outperforms any other plug you can possible use. The only downside is they don't last 15 minutes:brolleye: ... Iridiums will not quite offer the performance of the V-powers, but they will last much longer...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users