Ultimate Subaru Message Board

$43,000 for a STI???

Guest subieman

I went to the Subaru dealership this morning to price out some parts from the parts department when the STI caught my eye. I got pretty excited about it so I ran over and sat in it and played with all the controls. Very NICE car!! Then I looked at the MSRP sticker price of $32,000... well ok that is expected, but then I looked closer.... The dealer price was $43,000!!! :eek: What the heck?!?!?! $10,000 markup? Are they out of there mind? Are people really paying this outrageous price for a STI? Damn, it was quite a shock. This was in Reno Nevada.

Is this markup all across the country or just here?

Guest FlyStyle

its across the US..

But when I went to the dealer, there was a "$6,000 dollar Rare Car Fee" lol.. i mean there are a few dealers here in the northern va, dc area that actually sell for MSRP.. just the waitlist is bout 30 last time i checked and they only got 4 new cars a month..

Ali

Guest NV  Zeno

Just to note how dumb dealers really are, I moseyed over to some of the new cars on the lot after picking up some parts for a bud's Chevy: "$3500 additional dlr markup"..this was in addition to the $400 pinstriping, among others. A CHEVY??:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: