Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bu bye blown engine, hello high compression!

For the past week, I've made a lot of progress on my RX. Well lets start from more of the beginning of this engine swap. A month or so ago, I lost the oilpump in my stock EA82T engine, which was in my '89 RX. Decided it didn't like me so it took the engine with it as well. Everything from metal shavings to pieces of piston/block came tumbling out when I dropped the oilpan. Bad day. So I was going to get another EA82T block together I had as a spare and it has a bad rod bearing. Bah... So I keep looking. Well last weekend, I noticed I had a new-to-me EA82 wagon. '91 Loyale with SPFI! The reason for its demise... a blown timing belt. I got it pulled last weekend and have spent the past week tearing it down and getting it ready for all of my goodies. Today, I finally got the longblock put back together with my rebuilt gen 2 turbo heads, extra cam cases which I had installed my Delta 260 cams into, rebuilt lifters, and all new gaskets. Now I'm going to install both of my new front and rear main seals, get my clutch and new lightened flywheel on there, and drop it in. Hopfeully, by next weekend, I'll have it either running, or close to it. I'm hopin to have it running and driving again so I can take it down to Denver on August 13th for the Redrocks meet that awdpirates is having. Woohoo... high compression, new header, fuel items and much much more!