Ultimate Subaru Message Board

CD player/changer for '97 Legacy L

Guest mcewena

Hi

Does anybody know the Subaru model number for the above?

Alternatively do you know if the Clarion changer (as below) for the '97 forester will fit in a Legacy sedan?

The 6 Disc CD changer is part H6240FS030. The CD Changer Controller is part H6240FS040. The CD Changer is manufactured by Clarion and is model RDC605.

Thanks.

Guest Commuter

Sorry, can't answer your questions....

But if you are looking for a relatively low cost option, just pick up a "used" Panasonic P123 unit that the WRX and some Foresters come with. It's a double DIN, 6 CD in dash changer, radio, tape, OEM unit. Plugs right into the connector as well without modifying. A lot of the WRX guys take them out almost immediately and upgrade. Check on ebay, or i-club, or nasioc. I'm not sure of the current going price, but I'm guessing around $150 or so.

I did this on my 97 OB a while ago. It's nice having the CD's up front and not under the seat (as it was with the cheapo aftermarket unit I put in that kept dying... )

Commuter

Guest mcewena

You mean such as ebay item # 2425981187..??

Many thanks, I was hoping for something that would fit nice and not glow in the dark and come with it's own disco ball ;)

That should do the trick nicely. thanks

Guest lmdew

If you buy a used one, make sure the seller removes the negative battery cable and then removes the CD. Also make sure it is packed with lots of foam and inside a static proof bag. Many are damaged in shipping and will show up DOA. The Sellers swear they worked. Luckly, my seller stood behind his product.