Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SVX goes thud.

Guest wrxsubaru

In the 92 SVX i bought, the car makes a thud sound like sometings lose when ever I hit a crack in the road, or a bump. The sound comes from the front right (passanger side). I looked underneath the car at the suspionsion compnets every thing looks good and tight, I also shoved/pryded around on the suspionsion compnets and nothing that moved, that souldent. Any ideas on what the sound could be?

Guest camosuba

i'd be very interested to hear how the swap to a manual goes when you do it and what parts were needed to it

regards camo

Guest wrxsubaru

Ill check if there are shims. I am going to start the 5spd swap in late augest/ early september, because i am going on a trip for a month to michigan, family. At least i can ride some 4 wheelers and jet ski. I already hopefully have all the parts needed for the swap. tranny maching rear end, pedal assembley, upgraded clutch, and the small car performance basic 5spd kit. I want to do the swap my self, and if I do I will have $1100 left to mod the SVX. Thanks for all the ideas.