Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hesitation after fill up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CougarSport

CougarSport

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:51 AM

I have a 03 Baja that has a hesitation for about 5 to 10 miles after I fill up with gas. It goes away completely after 5 or 10 miles. Tells me it's not plugs, plug wires, bad gas, clogged fuel filter or water. Any suggestions.

Aaron

#2 Suzam

Suzam

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • Wilmington, Delaware

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:57 AM

Do you "top-off" the tank after the first click?

If you do, you could be introducing gas into the vapor recycling tube that leads to the evaporator canister.

#3 Virrdog

Virrdog

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • NE Ohio

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:28 AM

I have a 03 Baja that has a hesitation for about 5 to 10 miles after I fill up with gas. It goes away completely after 5 or 10 miles. Tells me it's not plugs, plug wires, bad gas, clogged fuel filter or water. Any suggestions.

Aaron

Go ahead and change the fuel filter if you have not done so already.

#4 CougarSport

CougarSport

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:35 AM

I don't top off the tank. Learned not to do that shortly after buying my Baja. Nothing like soaking shoes with gas.

Any other suggestions.

Aaron

#5 Virrdog

Virrdog

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • NE Ohio

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:18 PM

Has the fuel filter ever been replaced?? One of the simplest tune-up items you can do.

And since starting up the car after is filling up is usually a hot start... you might have a problem with your coolant temp. sensor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users