Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone in the Mt. Hood area?

TeamCF

Been going up around the Lolo Pass and Wildcat areas.

Found some good stuff but just want to find more.

Would kinda like to be shown the good stuff I may have not found yet. :)

My GL is stock with only the adjustable suspension cranked up and the most agressive stock sized tires I could find. So nothing too crazy. But I still like to get it up on 3 wheels, and give the rocker panels some action. :grin:

Anyone around that wants to go up for a day trip around here or somewhere else sorta close? (I'm willing to drive an hour or so at the moment)

I have a RallyCross next weekend (9th) so that weekend is out.

This weekend might work. Just gotta put new seals in my trans.

As soon as I DEQ and get my exhaust put in place I will show you some stuff in estacada and vice versa you could show me around wildcat

And as soon as I get my front wheel bearings in. :)

Cool.

I also have a guy with a big built Jeep that is wanting to show me some trails too. (he was impressed by a three wheel tweaked pic I posted on the SORE4X4 board)

Says he'll bring some good tow straps and other tools so I can get up into places that I normaly can't reach. Being that my GL is pretty much stock.

I have not been up to Wildcat in awhile, still need to finish exploring it but there is a fun little rock quarry area up there I know of.

I like going to goat mountain just outside of estacada and my father in law has a six inch lifted 91 landcruiser so its fun both ways what I cant do he can and vise versa atv trails rock with the subies, Im in the mist of lifting the brat maybe this weekend Ill get the back lift on.

Cool.

I might go out some this saturday during the day and scope some more stuff.

If ya get your Brat done maybe next weekend.

I think I got something going on saturday night but earlier in the day I'll be free..... I think.

Gotta go over the schedule.

MY girlfriend is a DJ and I know we have a bunch of stuff the next few weeks going on.

i haven't been out in awhile but by october i should be freeing time enough to go. there are some other people on the board that i've been wanting to hook up with and go to Lolo Pass, Wildcat Mt., up towards Squaw Mt. and Goat Mt. BTW i'm in Gresham, not that far from you. Got a buddy of mine got a stocker last spring hes been wanting to go and another guy thats on the board lives in SE Ptown and another in the milwaukee are all have stockers that been wanting me to show them some places.

i'll be in touch first part of October and we'll all try to hook up, only problem is that i can only go on Sundays because i work Saturdays. Chaz

i haven't been out in awhile but by october i should be freeing time enough to go. there are some other people on the board that i've been wanting to hook up with and go to Lolo Pass, Wildcat Mt., up towards Squaw Mt. and Goat Mt. BTW i'm in Gresham, not that far from you. Got a buddy of mine got a stocker last spring hes been wanting to go and another guy thats on the board lives in SE Ptown and another in the milwaukee are all have stockers that been wanting me to show them some places.

i'll be in touch first part of October and we'll all try to hook up, only problem is that i can only go on Sundays because i work Saturdays. Chaz

Sounds good.

I have a RallyCross on the 7th of october. But as far as I know thats the only sunday I already have plans for.

Also I've been thinking of taking Forest Road 4610 all the way from Estacada to Timothy Lake. From there up to Government Camp, or back to Estacada. (Or this could be done in reverse) I've been told by other wheelers around there that is a pretty cool drive and it does get gnarly at points but a stock subie should (when a guy with a bronco with 36 in. tires is like "it's easy!" 'should' really is the key word) be able to handle it, but it would not be passable in a 2wd car.

Kind of more of a run with a set destination instead of just randomly roaming around (which is also fun).

And that route takes ya past the gravel pit area with a bunch of hill climbs. :grin:

As long as there are not a bunch of guys shooting in there.

4610 also takes ya through the Sqaw Mtn. area. (I've not been that far yet but it's on my map)

I have been that way with stock brat its not to difficult but ther is a place where the road got ate away that is very gnarly other than that its ok. Have you ever been to goat mountain?

OH YEAH I am DEQing this weekend wish me luck

Yeah the guy that told me it was a nice run said that the road was kinda gone in a few spots. Said that there is a trail alongside that drops down and then comes back up to the "main" road.

I've not been up to goat mountain. Just found a map that shows the area where it is but have not been up yet.

Gotta fix my stalling problem (proly fuel filter) and try to get a front alignment done. After cranking the suspension up my toe is messed up. Hard to turn and my new tires are showing wear on the front and I have only put like 1,000 miles on them. I have to wait to have it done though cause I just had a good output of $$$ for other things. So I'll just keep driving it in the dirt till then.

Good luck with DEQ!

Hopefully we can hit the trails soon. :)

I hope to have the fuel thing figured out/done this friday night.

turns out that I replaced the egr valve it was completely plugged maybe the idle solenoid will need to be replaced to? It does sound and run better. but still wont idle under 1000rpms,

I definitely would take you up goat mountain it is a blast

Well once we both get our cars figured out we'll have to hit it up.

I'm hoping to get some sort of exploring in this weekend if hangovers permit. :rolleyes: (party and three good friends are DJing at a club saturday)

• 2 weeks later...

I know Mt.Hood pretty well The best wheein on the East side of Hood are near Green point upper resivour, Middle mtn, surveyors ridge , fir mtn .

The North side...Lolo pass doesn't offer much but nice scenery photo ops. There's some nice hidden camp spots too... Although I did find a kewl creek x-ing and some nice shade for summer runs. Winter time Lolo pass is awesome!

The South side ...Still creek basin is kewl especially in winter Chaz and I explored it abit last year. If ya follow still creek all the way to sherar burn rd(fs 2613) you can get within a mile to devils peak lookout tower 5,045ft. nice hike . It is an awesome winter drive when the gate is open!!!

SE Hood ...Badger lake , gunsight butte are nice too...best in winter!!! Before they close the gates!

FS rd 4610 is easy and can be done with a two wheel drive I did back in '90...there are lots of fun spurs and quarries..

Olallie lake scenic area (old skyline rd)is good too...there are some challenging sections following the powerlines up from hwy 46 ...early Winter driving is good...

Although I haven't ventured much at wildcat, goat mtn yet.. Mollala does have some kewl stuff there also..

My weekends are pretty much free:headbang:

my cell 503-314-7535

I know Mt.Hood pretty well The best wheein on the East side of Hood are near Green point upper resivour, Middle mtn, surveyors ridge , fir mtn .

The North side...Lolo pass doesn't offer much but nice scenery photo ops. There's some nice hidden camp spots too... Although I did find a kewl creek x-ing and some nice shade for summer runs. Winter time Lolo pass is awesome!

The South side ...Still creek basin is kewl especially in winter Chaz and I explored it abit last year. If ya follow still creek all the way to sherar burn rd(fs 2613) you can get within a mile to devils peak lookout tower 5,045ft. nice hike . It is an awesome winter drive when the gate is open!!!

SE Hood ...Badger lake , gunsight butte are nice too...best in winter!!! Before they close the gates!

FS rd 4610 is easy and can be done with a two wheel drive I did back in '90...there are lots of fun spurs and quarries..

Olallie lake scenic area (old skyline rd)is good too...there are some challenging sections following the powerlines up from hwy 46 ...early Winter driving is good...

Although I haven't ventured much at wildcat, goat mtn yet.. Mollala does have some kewl stuff there also..

My weekends are pretty much free:headbang:

my cell 503-314-7535

Now thats some info I can use. :)

I think the biggest part I like about it all is the exploring of new places.

Yeah Lolo is pretty tame. I go there mainly cause it's close to home. I did find a powerline trail that was nothing but TV to watermelon sized rocks though. And steep. I ended up getting stuck and had to back it back down. I know I can make it but just not on that day. And there are couple more PL trails that I've yet to go down. (I wanna see the rigs the power companies use for maint. on those trails)

Wildcat only really has one quarry area to offer. If ya saw my vid in the Off-Road section.... what you see there is about it. I've seen a couple trails but they are 36in tire and locker territory. People go out there more to shoot than to wheel.

Goat is fun. That about says it all. :)

I'm supposed to be going up this weekend (I have sunday free) to Goat Mt. with Michael. I should remember to give you a ring once I know time and place for meeting. :)