Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fixed my winch!

WoodsWagon

I finally got around to glueing the permanent magnets back into my winch motor and put it back together. All the magnets had been blown off the inside of the motor and one cracked in half when I rear-ended a ford ranger.:-\ I JB-welded the broken magnet back into one in the vice, and used 2-ton epoxy to glue all the magnets back into the motor housing. Took a bit of figuring to place the N's and S's in the right place, but it works mint again.

It's like when you were little and lost your blankie, you just didn't feel secure untill you got it back. Now I'll have to take my car down through the back vally to the pit.

Good job on the repairs, I read your age as being 19,..... to many kids your age can't add fluid washer too the windshield bottle... you figured out how it ticked, found a solution to the problem... (getting those pesky magnuts to hang on & N. S.) and got it running again.... To many just slump their shoulders, whine and put it in the trash and ask mommy to buy them another one.

Good for you....:clap:

*I was going to make a joke that you are now worthy too date my daughter ... but ... sorry... no daughter dating age... :-p