Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
2.5 DOHC swap for 2.5 SOHC.....
Posted 21 July 2003 - 06:14 AM
Posted 21 July 2003 - 06:19 AM
Shouldn't really be too big an issue. There may be some sensor differences, but I think it could be done with little problems.
Posted 21 July 2003 - 11:11 AM
Note - You should be able to just change the short block with little if any issue. But, if you want to change the engine...
- different TPS or IAC... one of those (you have to use the SOHC intake manifold)
- different crank / camshaft sensors (one or both, don't recall)
- p/s lines had to rerouted to get around the SOHC differences (bit of bending, nothing to major)
- Exhaust manifold hooked right up (one of the few things that went smoothly he said)
- There were a couple of other things that I don't recall exactly (wiring perhaps)
- Ongoing issue of a CEL for EGR, since the DOHC engine has an EGR valve and the SOHC engine doesn't (He rigged up a switch to the ECU power to "reset" the ECU every few days when the light would trigger.)
That's all I can remember off the top of my head.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users