Jump to content


Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse
 

- - - - -

SVX electrical problems.


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_wrxsubaru_*

Guest_wrxsubaru_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2003 - 06:55 PM

When I went to go pick up my SVX the person I bought it from over charged the batary and blew the fusable link. When I was driving back, a couple of things did not work, the mirrors cant be adjusted, the dash lights dont work some times, the doom lights dont work, and the cd player does not work. The dash light is probley the most anoying one, some times it works, some times it doesent. Some times it will work then go off. The Air condition lights some times wont work to, seem to be conected to the dash lights, as in when they go out the dash lights go out to. The person i bought the car from left the SVX sit for about 5 months out side not being used, because reverse went. Is it just grounds or something, or some fuses, I lookded at the fuses and they seem to all be OK. Does any one have any electricle diagrams of the SVX. Any ideas THANKS the faster i fix this the sooner i can start on the 5spd swap.

#2 Guest_EOppegaard_*

Guest_EOppegaard_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2003 - 06:49 AM

The Fusible link is in vehicles to protect the electrical system, and all of the accessories attached to it. Did the previous owner state how he blew the fusible link specifically? Most modern battery chargers will not allow you to "over-charge" a battery, nor have I ever heard of an automotive battery being overcharged (I have been wrong in the past ;) )

I would reccommend checking the voltage of the current electrical system, and trying to see if in the process of frying the fusible link, other electrical components were cooked in the process.

What was done to the vehicle after the damage was done? Obviously something had to be replaced/mended for you to even be driving it around with these problems.

#3 Guest_wrxsubaru_*

Guest_wrxsubaru_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2003 - 10:47 AM

When I went to pick up the car, the seller called me and said the car has no power and the battery wont charge. When I got there I checked if anything worked electricle, nothing did, I tested the battery by hooking up the jumpers and touching them togher for a less than a second, and ther was power in the battery, then I was looking for a blown fuse and found the fusable link melted in the middle of it. So I went to a suby dealer bought a fusable link and the car started imidiatly. Iam not sure if the battery was over charged, but she said she left her boyfriends truck hooked up to the svx charging for 20-30 minutes, after the new battery died.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users