Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Michigan hit with 18 + inches of snow

wisconsin got hit pretty hard as well. i drove around all day indestructible as ever, pulling people put of intersections and driveways, just to have my timing belt slip on the way to work. (95 legacy) this happened going in deep snow, the snow is packed in half way up the crank pulley

so i threw a deep cycle battery in my wrechked 88 sedan and resurrected it from the side of the house where it has not ran for the past 2 1/2 months.

Mostly rain for the overnight down at this end of the State. Turned to freezing rain/sleet during the day. Sometime after 2:30 PM, it switched to heavy wet snow. Had around 3" of that, on top of the ice covering the roads.

Was a long,, slow,,, drive home in Son's '93 GMC Sonoma ST. 4.3L V6, MPFI, 3 speed w/OD, Posi-trac..... This truck will do doughnuts if you spit in front if it,,,, it don't do slick roads at all. It will chirp the rear tires on dry pavement shifting from park into any gear, at factory idle speed mind you... I used to own the truck, and I have roasted the rear tires for a city block, just cause someone said it wouldn't do it.............. YES IT WILL!!!!! It is "not",,, a winter vehicle...

The ST decal on it stands for,,, Spins Tires, not Sport Truck.

I should've drove the BRAT, but didn't think we'd get any real nasty stuff out of that storm..... Boy was I wrong.. Would've much prefered all snow rather than the stuff we got.....

edit;

As they say, 3rd times a charm. Took me 3 different tries at posting this since thread 1st posted. When I hit the submit button, I'd get "page not found" and couldn't get back onto site. All other sites I tried worked, so,,, "what up with that"?????