Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Strange Leak

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

WileE Coyote Super Genius

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:25 AM

After it rains i have a puddle on the passanger side floorboard. I thought it was coming from the mirror plate but when i replaced the mirror and it just rained this evening, i still get the puddle.

Anyone ever deal with this before.

Ben

#2 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:24 AM

Could be your windshield..and leaking down behind the dash..feel the base of the window for wetness..and also around the bottom of the dash..feel along the firewall too...it could be going behind the carpet

#3 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:59 AM

Could be your windshield..and leaking down behind the dash..feel the base of the window for wetness..and also around the bottom of the dash..feel along the firewall too...it could be going behind the carpet

I felt anong side the door and its wet there. The winshield doesnt apear to have any problems in that area.

Ill check anyways though.

Ben

#4 dhise

dhise

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • Detroit

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:05 PM

I had some problems with the drains right in front of where the wipers mount. I ran an old bass guitar string down in there and cleared all the crud out. Maybe that will help your problem.

Also you could get the hose out and have someone spray it down while you look for the leaks inside.

#5 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:40 PM

ultimately i just might half to do that. Id like to fix this problem before i get carpet mold.

Ben

#6 presslab

presslab

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 858 posts
  • N. California

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:55 AM

Wiper drains and windshield leaks are two I had, although the way the wipers are the driver's side is more likely to leak.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users