Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

keyless entry question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_dormat925_*

Guest_dormat925_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2003 - 11:50 AM

I called my dealer to see if these two remotes are compatible they are NO help can any one see if this remote will work on my 96 outback Heres the link:<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33723&item=2422653135" target="top">cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33723&item=2422653135</a>
the remote I have now looks similar only the subaru logo is a sticker on my remote and the fcc:goh-mm6-101880
the one I am looking at is FCC: GOH-M24
thanks for the help

#2 Guest_Sweet82_*

Guest_Sweet82_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2003 - 01:40 PM

My O1 Forester was suppose to have keyless as standard equip, but did not? :mad: I bought some remotes (ebay $9.99ea) only to find the car didn't have the box to make them work.:mad: Found the box on ebay ($30) and now I'm set.:D
My dealer was real helpful on these issues. I also found the Ebay folks who sell them to be knowledgeable too.

The key to the remotes is the frequency codes (the FCC...). This is what determines if it will talk to the box on the car. Part numbers don't tell the whole story as a color change or button change will generate a new Subaru part number. Match the FCC codes and you will be fine.

Judging by the FCC numbers your looking at on ebay, I'd say the remote is NOT compatible.

Ask the seller a question on your model and your FCC # and they should confirm that it won't work.

Good luck, Glenn
82 Hatch, no hood, fenders, doors or door locks?
01 Forester, optional-standard equipment keyless entry?:mad:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users