Ultimate Subaru Message Board

keyless entry question

Guest dormat925

I called my dealer to see if these two remotes are compatible they are NO help can any one see if this remote will work on my 96 outback Heres the link:<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33723&item=2422653135" target="top">cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33723&item=2422653135</a>

the remote I have now looks similar only the subaru logo is a sticker on my remote and the fcc:goh-mm6-101880

the one I am looking at is FCC: GOH-M24

thanks for the help

Guest Sweet82

My O1 Forester was suppose to have keyless as standard equip, but did not? :mad: I bought some remotes (ebay $9.99ea) only to find the car didn't have the box to make them work.:mad: Found the box on ebay ($30) and now I'm set.:D

My dealer was real helpful on these issues. I also found the Ebay folks who sell them to be knowledgeable too.

The key to the remotes is the frequency codes (the FCC...). This is what determines if it will talk to the box on the car. Part numbers don't tell the whole story as a color change or button change will generate a new Subaru part number. Match the FCC codes and you will be fine.

Judging by the FCC numbers your looking at on ebay, I'd say the remote is NOT compatible.

Ask the seller a question on your model and your FCC # and they should confirm that it won't work.

Good luck, Glenn

82 Hatch, no hood, fenders, doors or door locks?

01 Forester, optional-standard equipment keyless entry?:mad: