Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA71 with a EA82 xmember question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 adema2626

adema2626

Slow WRX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Corvallis, OR

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

So i was trying to measure both the xmembers and it seems to me that the EA82 it a little bit bigger then the EA71's xmember. I tryed finding if i could use a EA82 xmember and i couldnt find if i could i saw i could us a EA81 xmember but i dont have one of those. Can i use a EA82 xmember in a 79 brat? Thanks

Oh also i would like to use the hub/brake set up front the front of the EA82 and the struts looked different how they bolted to the hub from the brat and the gl. I saw that the 87 used a 3 bolt pattern when the brat only used a three. I could drill 3 new holes and get the strut to fit but is there a way i could use the Brats struts? I looked for this but no such luck either.

#2 adema2626

adema2626

Slow WRX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Corvallis, OR

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

anyone?

#3 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:41 PM

EA82 x member is too wide, needs to be narrowed. EA71 balljoint connects to the lower arm totally different. If you want to use EA82 knuckles, you need EA81 lower arms. The EA71 struts will fit in the EA82 knuckles. BUT, I believe you will need to make hybrid EA71/EA82 axles to fit the hubs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users