Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Possible Fix for my engine Hesitation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_rtp373_*

Guest_rtp373_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2003 - 07:43 AM

I've griped a lot about the frequent dead spot I encounter on the gas pedal, especially felt going from coast to accelerate. Issue cropped up after starting a hot engine, so I thought.

Only had one instance the entire week in Canada with the car and I think I've figured out what the cause is- sometimes when I'm in a hurry, I'll start the car in 1st gear, clutch down, and the second the engine catches I rev it up and let out on the clutch.

This is what I did and going down the road I had this dead spot as I touched the gas pedal and then it'd lurch forward. As soon as I came to a stop and it idled for a couple of seconds, it was perfectly fine.

Any other time I started the hot engine, I'd give it a few seconds before taking off and never had a problem.

I saw a while back on a certain post about adjusting the throttle position sensor and the response was that it did little since the computer recalibrated the "idle" position every time you started it.

My theory right now is that if I take off instantly and don't give it a chance to find the closed position it would set the closed position where the throttle was and later when the throttle goes below that point, it messes things up.

Seems to be working great so long as I give it a second or two....

RTP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users