Ultimate Subaru Message Board

outback struts on an obs?

benebob

a friend got a few inches on his 1997 Legacy Sedan EJ22 which sat about the same as my OBS from Outback Wagon struts. I've also swapped legacy and OBS struts before (into that OBS without a change in ride height) - so I'm going to guess from that and using commutative properties of Subaru mathematics that it'll raise the OBS a couple inches. 2 - 3 inches comes to mind for his legacy. From wagon to sedan he had no problems fitting them or with ride level afterwards.

• Like 1

a friend got a few inches on his 1997 Legacy Sedan EJ22 which sat about the same as my OBS from Outback Wagon struts. I've also swapped legacy and OBS struts before (into that OBS without a change in ride height) - so I'm going to guess from that and using commutative properties of Subaru mathematics that it'll raise the OBS a couple inches. 2 - 3 inches comes to mind for his legacy. From wagon to sedan he had no problems fitting them or with ride level afterwards.

Cool, might even try to put some 225/60r16s on it as I hate steel wheels