Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So this Brat of mine

If you would be willing to wait for a month or so, I should have 4" Gen 1 Brat lifts ready to sell. Also, for 14" off-road tires, look for Maxxis Bighorns, Interco TSL's, or General AT2's, or if you want strictly off-road tires look at ITP Mud Lite XTR's. The Mud Lites are UTV tires, but they are radials and rated for 1000lbs at each tire.

-Bill

If you would be willing to wait for a month or so, I should have 4" Gen 1 Brat lifts ready to sell. Also, for 14" off-road tires, look for Maxxis Bighorns, Interco TSL's, or General AT2's, or if you want strictly off-road tires look at ITP Mud Lite XTR's. The Mud Lites are UTV tires, but they are radials and rated for 1000lbs at each tire.

-Bill

I'm still waiting too. :)

sooooo, I am going to go a different route with the brat... I'm going to lower it and do a slight VIP/hellaflush style with it. I'm sticking with the EA71, going to rebuild it with slightly higher compression and a valve job and a weber or modified dual carbs/ separate manifolds. much like a VW.

Sooooo, does anyone know how to lower the rear? crank down the torsion bars like a chevy?

Yep, you just crank down the torsion bars. You know what would help beef up that EA71....?

These bad boys that I just got off of ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VINTAGE-RARE-SUBARU-RACING-HEADS-EA63-EA71-EA81-BRAT_W0QQitemZ150390996263QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2304007d27

Weber carbs, a ground cam & some domed racing pistons. You'd be set.:)