Ultimate Subaru Message Board

[SOLVED] Broken Keychain Remote, cant Start

My Wife has a 2000 Subaru outback Impreza Sport (or whatever order that is LoL) it Has the Code Alarm system foud here: http://www.cars101.com/subaru/keyless.html#code%20alarm

Last Night I Spilled A Smothie on her Keychain Remote. This morning when she got up to go to work, Her remote unlock didn't work. so She tried to unlock the door manually, setting off the alarm. She expected this, got inside And tried to start the car, but to no avail.

We figured the smoothie screwed the battery in the remote, so we bought another, but this still doesn't work...I fear I fried her remote.

So My question is: How do we start her car without a remote to disable the alarm? Atleast till we can get another? I've seen the guides about turning the ignition a few times, but its not working, no one has details on it (ex. how far to turn it, all the way or just the internal lights..?) I need a simpletons guide to this procedure if it is what we need to do.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Skylerzio