Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 1990 Legacy LS AWD Sedan w/ the 2.2 auto , Have codes 35 & 14 which are purge valve & # 1 injector,, only getting around 20 mpg... will an injector from a 1995 2.2 work ..& 1996 1.8 purge valve work

...its all i could come up with at the uwrenchit locally today..

also...which injector is the # 1,2,3,4..locations

Thanks..

No, you will need an injector from a 1990-1990 AT model Legacy to use. I'd suggest checking out the http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org forum. Someone probably has one they could sell you.

Have you done any diagnostic work to verify that the injector is bad? I'd suggest doing that first before replacing. While idling, try pulling the plug on the injector. If the engine doesn't run any differently, then I'd definitely say that injector is bad. If the engine does run worse, I'd suspect the injector may still be ok. If that does happen, I'd suggest replacing the canister purge solenoid and then clear the codes, drive the car and see if the injector code comes back. The #1 cylinder is the front passenger side of the motor.

As for the purge valve, I believe that should work.

Edited by Legacy777

No, you will need an injector from a 1990-1990 AT model Legacy to use.

You need one from a 90 or 91 Legacy. Manual or Auto won't matter. They will be grey in color.

From 92 to at least 94 they are red, and larger diameter and different fuel rail. Red ones won't work. Unless of course, you swap you're wiring harness onto a complete 92-94 intake and use that.

I bought a whole intake from a wrecker for 40 bucks last time I needed one injector.

You need one from a 90 or 91 Legacy. Manual or Auto won't matter. They will be grey in color.

From 92 to at least 94 they are red, and larger diameter and different fuel rail. Red ones won't work. Unless of course, you swap you're wiring harness onto a complete 92-94 intake and use that.

I bought a whole intake from a wrecker for 40 bucks last time I needed one injector.

Yes it will matter whether it's manual or auto. The ECU's are different, Hitachi vs. JECS, and have different fuel injectors and fuel rails. You need ones from an automatic car.