Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Low input is probably low input voltage to the MAF. My computer is being a beeyatch or I'd give you the wire diagram to show you which pin to check.

Try unplugging the wire connector and check for corrosion/dirt on the pins.

Thanks, I do have a used test MAF sensor coming tomorrow or Sat. but I did not think that the MAF unit is actually the problem, that is why I am here asking for more input.

Got a used MAF sensor delivered today. Installed it and the car would not start but was firing. After 3 long tries it started and took 3-5 seconds to smooth out.and then I decided to walk away after a few minutes, made a bowl of cereal, checked on the car which was still running, went to eat the cereal and then found the car still running!!!!! Eventually I felt confident that it would keep running and went for a short spin and it ran great, first time out of the yard since October. I came back, cleared the code restarted it, checked for codes, no more code! My OBD scanner had been getting a red emissions light, it is now yellow. On Sunday I will have to really do some driving to get it to cycle all the way through.

Regarding the MAF sensor. My original one had a 3 wire connector at the harness but 4 prongs in the sensor. The replacement sensor still had the harness connector attached, it had been snipped off from the harness. This connector had 4 wires and the sensor itself has 5 prongs!!!!????

From what I see, this style of MAF sensors all start with #22680 aa160, then a second set of numbers varies. Some end in RA0, others in 160. Anyway, my car is running even with extra prongs that are sucking wind.