Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4th Annual Madison Subaru Meet June 25/26

Sorry this took so long. Wish I knew about the forum sooner.

Bigger and better than ever, it's the 4th annual Madison Subaru Meet!!

June 25th and 26th

Vermont Sportscar will be bringing the 40ft show trailer with the Travis Pastrana Super Production rally car, his motorcross bike, and the X-Games medal. (Sorry, a visit from Travis is not included in the package. They will have crew on hand to distribute freebies and answer questions, though.)

Regional rally teams will be on hand with their race cars.

The crew from Cheesewheel450 will be here with their lead car.

Madison Sportscar Club will be on hand with information on their organization and details about their June 27th autocross.

Regarding the post meet drive.....Bring a navigator, you'll need one. Maybe we'll get someone to throw-up this year. UPDATE-- Now a do-do-it-yourself outing...Not an organized drive. If anyone would like a suggested route to take, I usually carry a few dozen copies of last year's route with me. I know I'll have some in the trunk that afternoon at Quaker Steak in Middleton.

There will be competition again this year. Prizes given for top votes in:

Show and Shine - Prettiest car

Down and Dirty - Muddiest/best off-road vehicle

Adventurist - Best equipped for outdoor adventure

Road Trip - Farthest distance traveled to get to the show

Survivalist - Highest verifiable mileage on the vehicle (title and registration)

Of course, we'll have hot-dogs on the grill again.

There is much more to come, obviously. Go big or go home, right?! We will have other vendors and prizes, but it's a little early for the details, yet. We're also waiting to see what Subaru Of America has up their sleeve this year. Can't wait!!

The old Subaru service lot on the 800 block of East Washington Avenue -- Downtown Madison

Shannon at 608-258-3654

PM me here or email at smarcott@donmiller.com

New update:

Friday will be an Outdoor Enthusiast oriented gathering.

Gary Fisher Mountain Bikes will be bringing their show car, display, and if possible, some of their national team!! We're talking Olympians and national champions!

I'm putting together a route that attendees can use to go for a ride during the course of the day.

Budget Bicycle will also be on hand with a bunch of their bikes and reps.

0225WRX is also working on getting us the paintless dent removal guys again this year.

You see, a guy stopped by here looking for some flyers to hand out and tipped me off to your forum. I may only have newer model cars right now, but I have had a '79 wagon in white (rolled it in my high-school parking lot back in 1988 driving 35 mph on TOP of a 4ft snowbank), '79 Brat in brown, white XT turbo, '86.5 wagon in silver (with a 1200amp marine battery and 700 watts of lights and a CB). There are a few others I can't remember right now, but I think I'v passed the 1.4 million mile mark on Subys now.

One of our guys out here has a 500whp '02, but also has a red Brat he'll be doing a WRX swap on later this year.

Hope to see some vintage rides!!!

• 4 weeks later...