Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I would start by checking the fuel pump relay. It's up under the dash on the driver's side (a real pain to get to). You can connect the green diagnostic connectors and it will cause the relays, including the fuel pump to cycle on and off. See if you can determine if the relay is good or not and go from there.

This diagram shows the relay location

http://surrealmirage.com/subaru/files/swap/elect_unit_loc/6-3_electrical_unit_location03.jpg

Here's a picture of the connectors

http://main.experiencetherave.com/subaru/images/ecuhide.jpg

I have power to fuel pump and still no go.. Let me know if you have any ideas.??

Have you tested the ground side of the pump circuit? disconnect the harness at the pump (top of fuel tank) and test continuity to ground on the ground wire of the pump harness.

If you have power and ground at the pump connector, but the pump doesn't run, you have a bad pump or a bad connection to the pump.

Have you tested the ground side of the pump circuit? disconnect the harness at the pump (top of fuel tank) and test continuity to ground on the ground wire of the pump harness.

If you have power and ground at the pump connector, but the pump doesn't run, you have a bad pump or a bad connection to the pump.

Two weeks agoo I had the same problem , mecanic told bad pump.

But by taking it out of the tank it was a bad connection between the pump itself and connecting connector. Takes 30 minutes to take it out and clean.

I tested the pump with a bucket filled with water and a tire pression meter , left it for an hour on 12 volt and kept about 45 psi , that way.

Build in , no problem anymore.