Ultimate Subaru Message Board

so really, how complicated is it to wire an ej swap???

doobieryan

how long has it been taking you guys to strip then down? Im debating on doin it or just paying one of the guys on here. The $250 to have someelse do it sure seems worth it to me

Takes me about an hour to strip down. (90-98 non-turbo harnesses)

After that, it's about 2 hours of careful labeling, splicing, and re-wraping the harness.

I offer that service for $180. If you'd like to ship me a harness, I will strip it and send it back.

PM me for details.

Takes me about an hour to strip down. (90-98 non-turbo harnesses)

After that, it's about 2 hours of careful labeling, splicing, and re-wraping the harness.

I offer that service for $180. If you'd like to ship me a harness, I will strip it and send it back.

PM me for details.

ok i will pm you for details

its fairly easy to strip the harness down. as your removing the harness from the doner vehicle cut any wires and connecters that are not related to the engine

IE headlights,turn signals,heater core wires,etc. once you strip the harness most of those cut wire will just drop out of the harness.

pull the fuse box from the doner along with the harness it may be usefull later.

THIS is VERY important: In the process of removing the wires from the harness that you cut while removing it from the car the wire may merge into other wires.Cut the wire off BEFORE(or after depending on your prespective) the merge and leave the other wires in the merge alone.

so if your following a wire and it merges cut that wire off at the merge, but leave the connection with the other wires at the merge intact

eventually you will wind up with wires that go from the computer to the engine senors,and some various wires from the computer that got cut. some of those wires are for things like AC(if you didn't want the AC and cut the harness at the AC componets),most of those wires might be stuff you have to feed power to,so don't cut them short near the computer unless you are 100% sure that wire is not needed for your setup.IE AC or automatic transmission wires if going into a manual...

BTW I do happen to have a stripped harness that will fit a 91 EJ22.PM me an offer if interested.the harness is setup to go into a manual transmission vehicle with no ac.