Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Did you find the break in the CTS wire or just bypass it and run a new wire? The reason I'm asking is (for example) if the wiring harness got damaged somehow (got any squirrels or other rodenty type creatures nearby?) other wires in the harness may have also been damaged at the same point.

When you replaced the 02 sensor, did you use the kind you have to splice in or a plug in OEM part? I'm just wondering if you could have exchanged (for example) the +12V supply for the o2 sensor heater and a ground... created a short and taken out a fuse, the ECM etc.

Did you ever verify that the +5 v the ECM sends out to most of the sensors is present? If you've got the pinout for the ECM you should be able to find it. The MAP sensor gets this, the MAF sensor gets it, the TPS, etc. (Most of these sensors have +5, signal output and ground terminals on them.)

Yes, I live in the woods so we have critters, I looked over 98% of things under the hood and cant find anything disturbed. I did run a new wire to the CTS and the code is gone. Just cant get the car to start. It tries at moments but nothing .

You didn't cut the connector off the harness side did you? You can just unplug the O2 sensor and see if the problems go away. (other than getting an O2 sensor code)

I didnt cut it on the harness side, I would like to keep my OEM plug. Do I need to order a O2 sensor for a JDM engine or does the USDM's work the same?

Edited by mx4life

O2 sensors all work the same. But I do read from time to time that Subaru's don't get along well with Bosch O2 sensors. So that might be something to think about.

So you can't get it to start at all now? It sputters and putt putts a little but just doesn't ever fire up?

Battery has a full charge?

Plenty of gas in the tank?

Have you checked for spark?

Checked timing marks?