Ultimate Subaru Message Board

IT's ALIVE!! But...

KootenayJK

So, after I figured out that a multi-connector was undone, the fuel pump primed just fine and . . .

IT STARTED! It settled down to a fairly smooth idle pretty quickly, but won't come off idle very well.

I don't have any exhaust hooked up after the cat in the Y, and the O2 is not hooked up yet, either.

Click for video:

th_EJ22start.jpg

In my experience they will take a bit of learning and drivngi before idleing right.

But that said, get o2 hooked up, check all you're codes.

Did you hook up the Nuetral switch? It's a 91 Loyale so you should have one on the trans to connect to. Although, it is somewhat easier to tap into it at the original SPFI ECU connector.

You may just need to take it through a few drive cycles.

Trans is from a '87 GL -D/R. I will be hooking up a clutch switch for the neutral signal.

I think you're right. I've got old gas in it, some Seafoam in the cyls from when I was cranking it over to build oil pressure, the engine has not been run for several years, etc. I need to get the exhaust hooked up temporarily, finish getting the harness in place, get the VSS/O2/Gauges/etc hooked up, and run it a bit. I am racing against the weather most of time here, but actually having it running is a major coup. It was great to have my dad there when I started it, as he's helped a lot.

Will this happen with the cam sensor wires reversed? I know that the harness situation was a little funny in some of the diagrams, so I may have them reversed.

Engine: 96 single port

Harness: 92 or 93

Ecu: 92 or 93

I know that this harness and ECU together worked great with an engine from the same year range. I had to re-configure the wiring a bit to match the cam/crank sensors on the engine, though