Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi there folks

Hello USMB peoples. I'm new to this board and will probably be asking a number of questions in the future. I used to own an '86 GL Hatch 4wd that was just a blast. But some icy roads and shady driving killed that one. i just recently bought a '78 DL 4x4 Wagon that is in pretty good shape. (safer driving is the game plan) I'll be posting pics and questions on here in the next few months. It's a little cold to work on it here now (i live in CO) but i'm planning on putting in a EJ22 with a 5sp d/r 4wd sometime this spring. Hoping to keep a stock look but make it a fun driver. Anyways, that's what I'm up to. I'll let y'all know when I get the project rolling.

Any tips advice would be appreciated or if you have any parts I might need, let me know. I'll start a build thread when I get things ready to go and I start buying/collecting parts.

Cheers,

-Dirk

Hello USMB peoples. I'm new to this board and will probably be asking a number of questions in the future. I used to own an '86 GL Hatch 4wd that was just a blast. But some icy roads and shady driving killed that one. i just recently bought a '78 DL 4x4 Wagon that is in pretty good shape. (safer driving is the game plan) I'll be posting pics and questions on here in the next few months. It's a little cold to work on it here now (i live in CO) but i'm planning on putting in a EJ22 with a 5sp d/r 4wd sometime this spring. Hoping to keep a stock look but make it a fun driver. Anyways, that's what I'm up to. I'll let y'all know when I get the project rolling.

Any tips advice would be appreciated or if you have any parts I might need, let me know. I'll start a build thread when I get things ready to go and I start buying/collecting parts.

Cheers,

-Dirk

Welcome Dirk...

I just recently begun on a 77 my self...not sure how far I will take mine just looking to make it a DD for now. Here's a few pic's of mine....

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_1019.jpg

She sat in a field for 20 years so it's taking a bit to get her going.....pete

Edited by oleman77

Hi, hit me up if you need help/advice I am a half hour away.

Awesome! thanks. I'll probably be starting things in the next couple months. But I have one question. I've found a couple 5sp d/r trannys in "good" shape with 170k mi for $250. Is that a good price? I'm starting to collect parts and I'm trying to get a good deal if I can. Also, any recommendations for yards to get parts from around the Denver area?