Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does your speedometer work? If not, the cruise won't work.

Also, check the vacuum line that goes to the crusie cable actuator, it's mounted in the engine bay, on the firewall, just a bit to the drivers side of center.

Does your speedometer work? If not, the cruise won't work.

Also, check the vacuum line that goes to the crusie cable actuator, it's mounted in the engine bay, on the firewall, just a bit to the drivers side of center.

speedometer works just fine....I will check the vacuum line

speedometer works just fine....I will check the vacuum line
I recently fixed my inoperative cruise control on a recently acquired '95 Impreza by connecting the vacuum hose (that was disconnected when I bought the car) to the actuator unit (the thing that pulls the second throttle cable.)

I think if I checked and the hose was connected at the actuator, I'd probably pull it off temporarily with the engine idling and make sure I could feel some vacuum there. At least on my engine there's a "doohickey" in the hose from the intake manifold, so in my mind that would be an opportunity for something to be clogged and impair the amount of vacuum available for the actuator to use.

I recently fixed my inoperative cruise control on a recently acquired '95 Impreza by connecting the vacuum hose (that was disconnected when I bought the car) to the actuator unit (the thing that pulls the second throttle cable.)

I think if I checked and the hose was connected at the actuator, I'd probably pull it off temporarily with the engine idling and make sure I could feel some vacuum there. At least on my engine there's a "doohickey" in the hose from the intake manifold, so in my mind that would be an opportunity for something to be clogged and impair the amount of vacuum available for the actuator to use.

That seems okay...I wonder if it is one of the pedal switches

That seems okay...I wonder if it is one of the pedal switches
Here's a chart I have access to for a '96 Impreza - so can't guarantee it's the same for your car. The thing to pay attention to is the "NO" for normally open and "NC" for normally closed designations. And the fact that it appears that for the brake pedal, there are two switch contacts, a NO one it calls "Stop light switch" and a NC one it calls "Brake switch". It looks like either one is able to disengage active CC operation.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae13/brycarp/Car%20Stuff/SubCCSwitches.jpg