Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Brat owner in MD

Been into Subies for some time. My DD for awhile has been a 96 L wagon. Just picked up this bad boy yesterday for my brother-in-law to drive while he's visiting from overseas(But I love it so much i might have to keep it, lol)

Its got a small tranny problem that I'll have to post about in the proper section, but it runs GREAT.

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

Uh, put another name on the roster Sparky.

Hy my name is ***** and I'm a BRAT addict.

Welcome to the forum.

HAHA! So true.

We need a BA's (BRAT Addicts) anonymous section :P

Welcome to the board, and enjoy your little beast.

If its a manual and 3rd gear doesn't work, join the club and upgrade to an EA82 5 speed dual range.

Jerry (Bratsrus1) sells a sweet little kit for dropping in a 5 speed with little to

no modifying required.

Twitch

HAHA! So true.

We need a BA's (BRAT Addicts) anonymous section :P

Welcome to the board, and enjoy your little beast.

If its a manual and 3rd gear doesn't work, join the club and upgrade to an EA82 5 speed dual range.

Jerry (Bratsrus1) sells a sweet little kit for dropping in a 5 speed with little to

no modifying required.

Twitch

Ive been reading a lot about the 5spd swap. Luckily all my gears work great, though I did need to replace the clutch cable. If I end up keeping it after the summer I may do the upgrade, but theres a chance I may sell it :(

I only really bought it for my brother-in-law to drive while he's back in the country for a few months.

lol, thats my son. The kids were crawling all over the thing when I brought it home, they love it!

If they love it that much, keep it.

These things only keep getting more valuable.

Just store it inside and drive it on the weekends, after your brother leaves.

Make sure he doesn't crash it or trash it otherwise though, because that will kill it's longevity factor.

Unless you can take care of any paint chips or rust spots immediately, it will quickly grow into major rust and seriously shorten the life of the car.

So if you keep it and take care of it, it will become an investment you can sell later if need be.

These little cars have a tendency to grow on you.

I've owned 2 EA81's and I'm looking for more :P

Twitch