Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone near Enumclaw/Auburn?

downsized_0622012245.jpg

This bolt has broken off, and I need to get back to Oak Harbor tomorrow. It's on the bottom of the block and pretty easy to get at, but I don't have any tools besides a socket set with me. :eek:

I did the T belts in March and have put several thousand miles on them since then. When I did the belt job I ditched the covers and replaced the pulleys as well as both belts. Torqued everything to spec.

I drove to my aunt's in Black Diamond today, and on my way to dinner, I watched the idler pulley fly into the woods. Surprisingly the belt is intact. I am now missing two things:

I no longer have an idler pulley.

I do not have a way to get the broken bolt out of the block. I can't get at it with pliers, and I don't have a drill or anything with me. This is my main issue at this point.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get it out, had to take the radiator and a/c condenser out, and after an hour of drilling with dull bits, I got it out. Couldn't find the old pulley anywhere. 40 bucks for the new pulley, the whole timing kit I had put on was only 65! Definitely going to use new bolts whenever possible now. Fired right back up with a new bolt. I went to a junkyard once I got home and found a new set of tbelts for a dollar incase one decides to break randomly after that.