Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi.

I have a 99 outback, and it's treating me pretty well. A while ago, I got a Check Engine Light, P0442, and finally chased it down to a loose connector on the canister purge valve under the right rear bumper. I reconnected it, and everything was fine.

For a while, anyway.

Check engine light has come back on, P0443 this time. I go through the troubleshooting guide, and the issue is the connector, but wiggling the connector still fixes the light. I dig into it deeper, and the connector is not lining up with the pins on the purge valve. So, a little more experimentation, and I have the wires connecting directly to the pins on the valve. That fixes it up.

However, I can't seem to find a connector to replace the old one. Parts store, nothing. Dealership (!), nothing. Boneyards destroy the harnesses.

Does anyone know where to find Subaru wire connectors?

Thanks in advance.

Post in the Classifieds section that you need one (probably help to post a pic of the connector and pics of the exact location on the car) and someone can probably cut one out of a junkyard car for you.

The piknpull is usually the easiest way assuming you can find a car with the same setup.

At a dealer you'll have to order a whole rear body harness to get that one connector.