Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wrx love

Greetings and happy 2.5 to you!

I bought my first 2011 WRX base model late 2010. I love the car. Much better than my old mustang.Now i have the means to get a STI. I have some concerns and would like some suggestions. First off I want a fully loaded best of the best STI. However subaru.com has many mix ups on there "build a car" feature. Why? AKA options that cant be done. I would appreciate any suggestions. Should I wait until I can order a 2013 or should I go with a latter year 2012? Also my concern is that I never liked the STI wing, I try to ride low profile. Please, any suggestions would be appreciated! Should a man boast a STI with SPT additions or just keep all options STI???

Edited by joshiso22

Honestly, for what youre asking, we may be able to help you...

Mostly though the WRX and STI stuff gets forwarded to Nasioc, you get so many more replies from there, although some are just *facepalm* but oh well.

You may want to go into your dealer to see what you can do for options, websites arent the best... My friend bought a 2011 STI and ordered it online with a ton of options, told 9 month waiting list... walked into a dealer to let his wife test drive one like it and walked out with the EXACT options he wanted that day with apologies on subaru.com being misleading. :banana:

I think the WRX/STIs of some years look sexy with no wing... but thats just my .02

Go to the dealer and order the car you want it. I did that with my 2011 WRX and have no regrets. Avoid the STI/SPT name for most parts. There are far better out there.

That being said I am running the 2011 SPT exhaust and love it.

As for waiting for a 2013, that is up to you. I would personally snag a 3rd gen STi before a 4th gen (2013) STI. They will be a 2.0 liter or lower and not have nearly the torque as the 2.5.

The current 2.5 is the last of the great ones, literally. Get one while you can.