Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello from Kentucky

Hello everyone, my name is Parker and as you can tell from the thread title, I'm from Kentucky. I bought my '02 Impreza Outback Sport on January 16th and love it. I've always just had one truck but with the price of diesel getting higher and higher I thought it'd be a good idea to invest in a nice little car to putt around in and I've always liked Subaru's so I went searching for one and fell in love with the bugeyes. Since my wife can't drive a manual I had to settle for an automatic but the car is still an absolute joy to drive.

Here's a picture, but she's really dirty so please excuse that.

DSC00496.jpg

You can see my '91 Dodge with a Cummins Turbo Diesel in the background.

Anywho, this place seems like it's a great site and I look forward to learing a lot more about my little car. I'm much more of a diesel man myself, but I've been itching to get an '02 WRX wagon for myself now.

Parker

Welcome to the forum! Lots of good people here with good advice willing to help you out with advise on most any aspect of Subaru ownership.

Nothing wrong with a Subaru automatic from that generation. 4 out of 5 of my '96 up subarus have been automatics. I prefer to drive a manual, however all the deals that have prettty much fallen into my lap have been automatics and I have pleased with their reliability.