Ultimate Subaru Message Board

97 2.2 pressure control solenoid valve plumbing for EJ swap

Yeah, I'm still puttin along with my brat. I only have a few hours a week for wrenching and I've been spending it on other projects lately. Oh, and I'm starting school in a week too so that'll slow me even more. I've gotten as tired of working on this one as many others have gotten of hearing about it....

I recently went to fire it up to test my obd2 harness. No luck. Later found my fuel pump had died. I took it as an excuse to go overboard and redo the fuel system. I still need to get some evap parts but here is most of what I'm adding:

fuelsystemparts-1.jpg

Being in CA, I'll also be going to the correct obd2 evap system - pita 97 2.2 AWD with the big box canister and extra hardware that is. I think I have everything figured out except the Pressure Control Solenoid Valve.

pressurecontrolsolenoidvalve.jpg

Seems from looking at the FSM one port is plumbed to the tank through the fuel cut valves. I can't figure out the other two ports. The diagrams I have show everything clearly except this so I've been guessing. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Also, an explanation of exactly what it does and how would be nice. Seems it works in tandem with the fuel pressure sensor to provide fuel vapor pressure relief but I thought a standard evap system does that just by how it works.

Edited by mountaingoatgruff

I also need to know if both ports on the the evap air filter go to the vent control solenoid valve.

I'll check it out in a jy when I go to get my evap canister but I'm trying to figure out as much as possible today/tonight to install some parts tomorrow. Its hard to position and fab mounts for everything when I don't quite have the plumbing all worked out yet.

Thanks.

I kinda needed that. My 96 2.2 in my 86 wagon developes this weird stumbling/ poor running under load...somwetimes, and ......only when the tank is totally full. If I stop, and open the fuel cap....it goes away.

Installing the PCSV, and the Temp sender are the last things I need to do to get my CEL off.

• 2 weeks later...