Ultimate Subaru Message Board

OOOPS - Title is wrong - I meant to say 1995 NOT, I REPEAT NOT 1996.

Ok - I've looked high and low and I can't for the life of me find the diag terminal (connector) for pulsing out the ABS trouble codes.

This post: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/81881-diagnose-abs-light/

Says that there is a connector on the a-pillar of the driver's side but I can't find it. I know '96 is a crossover year as it has a OBDII connector. I've also verified that the ABS control unit doesn't have any LEDs on it.

Can someone please help me find a way to get the trouble codes from the ABS system - I've got a bad ABS speed sensor and I need to narrow it down.

Thanks,

Andrew

Edited by ironmanco

It's a small black connector and the test leads you need are taped up

In the harness near it. Look near the steering column.

I don't recall exactly which pin needs to be connected, can look it up later. You might even find it posted here somewhere. (I think I've posted it before actually).

Ok, up underneath the steering column - thanks. I was looking all over for it. I'll have another look. Anyone have a picture of the connector? Because I can't find the one that I originally was looking for which is a two wire green & red (white connector). See: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/81881-diagnose-abs-light/

If you can shoot me the post that would be great. I'm thinking that the '95 legacy is a bit different than a lot of other wiring.