Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New 1987 Subaru GL wagon owner

Rims for these 80s cars are unique in that they have a 4x140 bolt pattern. There's a variety of 13 inch rims that came on the subarus of the 70s 80s and early 90s. Enkei and a few others made aftermarkets that are hard to find and usually pretty expensive.

Peugeot is the only other car to have that bolt pattern and are popular on these cars because you can get a 14 or 15 inch rim on them without any modification.

other options have been to swap Subaru XT6 spindles onto Gls and put a 5x100 rims on. You can re-drill your hub to fit 6x140 rims (toyota, old chevy, nissan etc.) or drill holes on 6x140 rims to make them 4x140. (use the search in the old gen section and you'll see write ups on it.

Last option, buy spacers that convert 4x140 to 5x100. There's a thread on that somewhere in the marketplace.

Lots of options though. And lots of people to help and answer your questions.

Congrats on finding one! Even here in California I see very few old subes.

I love my subbie it's actually a 1988 but here in utah it's the perfect car for the weather and I love to selective 4wd the car has I haven't seen any on the road since I've owner it. Thanks for the info on the rims mine are rusted bad and I need better looking ones