Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Newbie with more questions on my Loyale

My intake manifold gasket was leaking (knew it when I bought it) so i removed the intake manifold. I also decided to replace valve cover gaskets and oil pan gasket. My questions are how tight do I tighten the valve covers? I can't get a torque wrench on them. Also, what about the intake manifold and oil pan? I understand the gaskets go on dry on the valve covers and intake manifold? (no rtv etc).

I think I broke almost every vacuum line the car. sheesh.

hi,

ea82 valve cover bolts are designed to tighten up till they bottom out,  that said you need to be careful , you can feel when they hit bottom.   work them evenly so there is nothing in a bind,, you'll see what i mean about the bolts when you see  them.  the vac  hoses arn't so much a problem except getting them all hooked back right,, but usually you break the nipples on the purge solonoid and the egr solonoid,   this is a problem if you did,  it creates small vacuum leaks on the hose that broke off, and the function those solonoids do now don't work.  the solonoids are small metal square things with wires going to them , and hose nipples on them for the vac lines, when they break off it is hard to see the break, it  looks normal enough at first but then you see there is a hose that should go to something.