Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Happy Hoidays to you.

Recciently I purchased an 94 Legacy Wagon.  The early 90's were equiped w/ auto seat belts.  I really dislike these types of belts.

I did some research and found that Canadian Legacys were not equiped w/ auto belts and they were still manufactured at the same plant.

I visited my secret lab...the Pick-N-Pull bone yard.  I took apart a Legacy wagon like mine and discovered that my Legacy had all the mounting points needed to swap over the belts from an early model Outback or Impreza.

(Removing the auto belt system)

belt-swap_001.jpg

I purchased all the belt related parts from an outback, including the buckle for the seat.  I found that an Impreza 'B' pillar trim piece fits the Legacy nearly perfect and gives the needed gap for the belt to disapear behind as it travels down to the retractor.

(All outback belt parts installed)

belt-swap_002.jpg

This is all good and fine and works like a charm.

(Final install, including the Impreza 'B' pillar trim)

belt-swap_003.jpg

My problem is that the seat belt warning light flashes on my dash.

The auto belts have two electrical connection.  They tell the auto belt motor which way to run and if the belt has locked into place. 

I need to find out which wires to bridge in order for the system to think that I have my seat belt on. 

If you have any suggestions w/ pictures please include them in your reply.

Thanks.