Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Factory Crossbar Ski Rack adapters?

Ok I have a 1994 Subaru Legacy Wagon with Factory Crossbars which are really wide and my problem is that I can't fit my Thule Ski Rack.  My Ski Rack has universal factory crossbar mounts (not the standard Thule Square Bar mount) but they're not wide enough and currently Thule doesn't have anything listed on their website that fits the 1994 Legacy facotry crossbars.  BUT I see a ton of adapters out there on eBay which are discontinued, I'd like to know if anyone on here is knowledgable on what might fit?  I've done a bunch of searching  but haven't come up with much.

I know that Yakima Mighty Mounts, may work but have no way to verify whether or not they're wide enough...

TIA

Yakima Mighty Mount 3V.

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=43728

I wish Yakima did a better job of keeping some of the old information out there for fit issues.  Yakima is good about providing help if you call/chat with them, which would be a good thing to do in this case to confirm that the 3V works for your '94.  I should have saved some of those old Yakima/Thule fit books from my days at REI.

There is a dealer lookup tool online (http://fitlookup.yakima.com/) that produces the following info

Subaru Legacy Wagon 1990-1994
Fit for Factory Crossbars
Weight Limit: 0lbs
Towers
Tower MightyMount 3V

Snow Mounts
PowderHound (w/locks)
Big PowderHound (w/locks)
FatCat 4
FatCat 6
WB300: Snow Mount
Ski/Snowboard Carrier

Notes
168DISCONTINUED MIGHTYMOUNT: Yakima no longer stocks or accepts orders on the MightyMounts for this vehicle. Check with your dealer or online retailer.

Plenty of these on eBay.